Mail Merge For Address Labels
Microsoft Word and Excel To Mail Merge Address Labels
This is a tutorial on how to use Mail Merge on Microsoft Word 2000, 2001, 2002 to auto create address labels.
Preparing The Document
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Click on the menu: Tools-> Letters and Mailings -> Mail Merge Wizard.
- Look to the right of the window for the Mail Merge Wizard.
- Select "Labels" and click the "Next" link located on the bottom.
- Select "Use The Current Document" and click "Next".
- Click the link "Select Label Options".
- Select Brand and Model Number of the Label you wish to create (ie; 7171 not a real format) and click OK.
- The Label template should now be created
- Click the "Next" link in the wizard located on the bottom right of the window
Preparing The Data
For this example we will use a MS Excel File using the "Use Existing" Option.
|Begalabel.com||1613 W. 134th St #3&4||Gardena||CA||90249|
|Friend Freddy||1234 Address st.||Los Angeles||CA||90066|
- Click the "Use Existing" link.
- Click "Browse" and open the MS XSL file with your address inside.
- The file should be formatted in a way where each row is a part of the address as below:
- Download Sample File
- Select The Table: Sheet1$
- Check the box for "First row of data contains column headers" and click OK.
- Choose the data you wish to use by checking the fields and clicking OK.
- On the wizard, click the "Next" link.
- Click "Address Block" then Click "Match Fields"
- Use the dropdown to make the fields match up and click OK, and OK again.
- Be SURE to click the Update All Labels button
- Click "Next" to see the preview.
- Click "Next" to complete mail merge.
- At this point, you can print your labels
- We highly recommend that you save this file for your future references.